Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Day of School



Yesterday was the first day back for the students here at the university and it's already been a drastic change around campus. In the morning, parking seemed just a bit fuller but I was still able to snatch a spot one or two spaces down from usual. However, I decided to be productive and drive to HomeGoods just a few minutes away to replace the pillows that didn't match our couch. Luckily I made the trip nice and short with 30 minutes of my lunch break left because it seriously took that long before I found a spot on the other side of campus! Needless to say, I was agitated trying to look for a spot with all the other students and professors doing the same.

All in all, it's been great seeing an increase of students on campus and I love it when students are wandering around aimlessly, looking at maps and asking strangers for directions. My entire first week in Austin consisted of carrying around a campus map! I suck at directions.

I'm also loving all the e-mails I'm getting from my previous high schoolers, letting me know how their first days in college are going. I can't wait to see all the amazing things they'll be able to achieve in the future. I couldn't have been more fortunate with that job.

No comments:

Post a Comment